We are always delighted to welcome new patients to our family-friendly practice, whether you are looking for general dental care or require a specific treatment. We offer a wide range of treatments, onsite parking and flexible opening times, so making an appointment couldn’t be easier. We are even open one Saturday per month for private appointments.
When you first come to see us, your appointment will take a little longer as we will want to collect all relevant health information and carry out a thorough and detailed examination of your mouth, including taking x-rays. We will discuss your oral health and give you the opportunity to express any preferences or tell us about any concerns you may have about your oral health. We will also provide you with a tailored treatment plan and let you know the expected costs. You can then decide if you want to ‘pay as you go’ or join our Denplan scheme.
The dentist or our receptionist can explain the benefits of Denplan and let you know how it can save you money. For more information please visit our Denplan page.
Whether you are a new or existing patient, if you have a dental emergency – such as pain, swelling or a lost filling – we will aim to see you as soon as possible and, so we can quickly minimise your discomfort, ideally on the same day. If the worst happens, get in touch with us to get you back to your best. For more information, find out more on emergencies here.
Your first appointment
If you have booked a new patient appointment, you may find the following information useful before you come and see us:
- We endeavour to see all patients and our practice has a chair lift so that patients with disabilities can access care. If you do have any disability that you think we need to know about please give us a call before your appointment and we will do our best to put suitable arrangements in place to accommodate your needs.
- There is car parking for patients behind the practice accessible via Brighton Avenue and plenty of street parking available.
- Please bring any forms you have already filled in. Don’t worry if you booked your appointment over the phone, you can just arrive a few minutes early and complete these just before your appointment.
- Please make sure you make a note of any medication you are taking and let us know about this.
- If you are an NHS patient, we will need to see evidence of your exemption and your NHS number.
Please do not hesitate to call 0116 2812935 and speak to a member of our team if you need any further information.
You can see our hygiene therapist without having to go through a dentist first. They will provide a deep clean of your mouth, removing any unwanted plaque and tartar and are dedicated to helping patients achieve better dental health. For more information please visit our page on hygiene services.
We look forward to meeting you!