Our handy home whitening treatment gives discoloured teeth a delightful, lighter look. It features a safe, effective gel used with custom-made mouth trays, which ensure the lightening agent has good contact with your teeth.
Your teeth may appear a little lacklustre due to smoking, heavily pigmented food or drink, or the gradual build-up of stains, but our simple whitening procedure can help combat any dullness.
We are now offering in surgery whitening treatment, please contact the practice for further information.
What to expect
- Before you embark on tooth whitening, it is a good idea for your dentist or hygienist to scale and polish your teeth.
- To ensure your tooth whitening trays fit well, we take impressions of your teeth. Lab technicians use these unique impressions to produce tailor-made trays.
- When the trays are ready, we show you how to use them with a special lightening gel.
- You take them home and wear for a specified length of time each day until the desired shade is reached.
- As a guide, you can expect your teeth to go at least two shades lighter when you have tooth whitening done
Living with whiter teeth
These existing trays can be used providing you have had no significant alterations to your teeth. If you are planning to top up your tooth whitening at a later stage, your dentist should check your whitening trays to ensure they still fit and are not worn or damaged in any way.
If you find your teeth are starting to look a little off colour, you can simply buy some more whitening gel and reuse your mouth trays. These can be reused providing you have had no significant alterations to your teeth. If you are planning to top up your tooth whitening at a later stage, your dentist should check your whitening trays to ensure they still fit and are not worn or damaged in any way.